Tips on the safe use of mobile banking applications:
- Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you’re dealing directly with your bank.
- Remember, your bank would never contact you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
- Avoid sharing your password, account number, PIN and answers to secret questions. Don’t save this information anywhere on your phone.
- Don’t set the Web or client-text service to automatically log you in to your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
- Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
- Immediately tell your bank and your mobile operator if you lose your phone.
At ValueBank Texas we want to empower consumers by giving them the information they need to make the right decisions. Whether it’s mobile, online or in-person banking, we want to help our customers manage their money safely and wisely.