This position assists customers by cashing checks, receiving deposits, and processing other transactions as authorized; refers questionable transactions to the Head Teller; balances all transactions processed each business day and provides for the security of assigned cash; and assists customers in any way possible to improve customer relations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES
Customer relations: Maintains a pleasant attitude towards customers by promptly greeting them with a smile and an appropriate verbal salutation. Thanks the customer when the transaction has been completed.
Receives deposits, cashes checks, and processes withdrawals.
Verifies endorsements and customer balances on any checks larger than the amount specified in the Check Cashing Policy.
Determines whether immediate credit should be given on a deposit.
Determines if a bank officer’s approval is needed for the transaction.
Maintains currency and coin supply as prescribed by bank policy.
Wraps and bags coin.
Mixes new currency.
Works up mutilated money.
Completes a Currency Transaction Report (CTR) for each deposit, withdrawal, exchange of currency, or purchase of cashier’s check that involves currency of $10,000 or more.
Refers special transactions to a supervisor for approval, such as exchanging or depositing large amounts of currency, processing large withdrawals, cashing checks that are not covered under the Check Cashing Policy.
Balances daily work by reconciling opening cash balance, cash received, cash disbursed, and closing cash balance.
Sells money orders, cashier’s checks, and traveler’s checks.
Makes credit card advances for customers.
Sells and redeems U.S. Savings Bonds. Refers Series HH Savings Bonds to Head Teller.
Accepts loan payments and federal tax deposits.
Verifies mail deposits and prepares documentation for mailing back to the customer, as assigned.
Stays abreast of and promotes the Bank’s services. Cross-sells Bank products.
Makes a concerted effort to solve customer problems without the need to escalate to a supervisory level.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of existing policies and procedures necessary for performing teller duties. Attends training sessions as scheduled.
Maintains familiarity with all security equipment and safety procedures.
Assists other personnel in completion of end-of-day duties.
Performs all other duties as directed by the Head Teller.
• Monitors amount of account analysis logging done by tellers in comparison to cash flow from vault to determine accuracy. Makes sure logs are submitted to bookkeeping on a weekly basis.
• Prints closed account report on a weekly basis. Pulls closed signature cards and places in the designated area.
• Prints new account reports on a daily basis. Sends thank you cards to new customers using standard wording.
• Sorts all “Hold” mail statements and places in a designated secure area.
• Fills out transmittal forms for sale of cashier’s checks and sends paperwork to bookkeeping at the end of each day.
• Closes money order machine and sends paperwork to bookkeeping at the end of each day.
• Balances TT&L and fills out transmittal form. Sends totals to bookkeeping at the end of each day.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED certificate
• Prior cash handling experience