ValueBank Texas wants to help you in the prevention of identity theft. We offer ID Theft and Fraud Protection with our ValueBank Texas ID Theft Plans through Deluxe Provent. Click here for ID Theft Program Details.
Federal Trade Commission – Consumer Information on ID Theft
We also have provided links and phone numbers to the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB offers a variety of programs and services to help consumers make better choices. Below is a list of BBB resources for your convenience.
- BBB Consumer Helpline 361.852.4949 www.bbb.org
- WatchYourBuck.com offers simple steps for keeping your identity safe.
- Stop Unwanted Calls -National Do Not Call Registry 1.888.382.1222
- Stop Unwanted Mail – Direct Marketing Association 1.212.768.7277, ext 1888 DMAchoice.org
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling 1.800.388.2227 www.nfcc.org
- Get a Free Copy of Your Credit Report 1.877.322.8228 annualcreditreport.com
Tips on the safe use of mobile banking applications:
- Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you’re dealing directly with your bank.
- Remember, your bank would never contact you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
- Avoid sharing your password, account number, PIN and answers to secret questions. Don’t save this information anywhere on your phone.
- Don’t set the Web or client-text service to automatically log you in to your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
- Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
- Immediately tell your bank and your mobile operator if you lose your phone.
At ValueBank Texas we want to empower consumers by giving them the information they need to make the right decisions. Whether it’s mobile, online or in-person banking, we want to help our customers manage their money safely and wisely.
Password Expiration for Internet Banking must be made through a computer and not mobile banking app.
We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to update our mobile app to allow customers to update their online banking password when it expires.
Please log into online banking and there it will notify them and they can make the changes. The mobile app will then work.
Point – Click – Deposit
We’ve made it even easier to bank with ValueBank Texas by providing our newest service, mobile check deposit (for personal accounts) through our Mobile Apps. Apply Today through ValueBank Mobile App. Details below on how to get started.
Eligibility Personal Account Requirements
- Account must be open for at least 60 days
- Must have no overdrafts for the past 6 months
- Must have fewer than 4 overdrafts in any six-month period for the last 2 years
- Must be enrolled in Online Banking
- Must have the ValueBank Texas Mobile App installed on iPhone or Android device
- Currently you may only be able to register 2 accounts for deposit per use
Check Deposit Guidelines
- Fee is $0.40 per transaction
- Daily Limits: $3,000 per item for a total of $9,000 per day
- 5:00 p.m. cut off time (see funds availability details below)
- Please keep deposited checks for 60 days before destroying
- Cannot deposit any foreign items or savings bonds
- Checks payable to more than one person must be endorsed by each named payee
- Only deposit checks payable to the owner/signer of account
- Endorse the back of your check “Mobile Deposit Only” with signature
- All payees of the check must be account owners and must endorse the check
- You will receive approval messages via text
Items that CAN be deposited
- Checks payable to an account owner
Items that CANNOT be deposited
- Foreign Checks
- 3rd Party Checks
- Returned or Re-Deposited Items
- Rebate Checks
- Money Orders
Funds Availability – Your ability to withdraw funds from mobile deposits
- Funds may not be available for immediate withdrawal
- Our policy is to make funds from your check deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit.
- For determining the availability of your deposit, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays.
- If you make a deposit before 5:00 p.m. (CST) on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the date of your deposit, however if you make a deposit after 5:00 p.m. (CST) or on a day we are not open, we will consider the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
*Note: Message and data rates may apply
Apply for a mortgage NOW with ValueBank Mortgage. We’re local!
Have Peace of Mind With ValueBank Texas Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Direct Deposit, And Our Personalized Photo Debit Card.
Prepare your bank accounts in advance of a hurricane. Now is the time to sign up for products and services that you can utilize AnyTime AnyWhere!
- A debit card provides you uninterrupted access to your checking account. ValueBank Texas offers a personalized photo debit card that is accepted wherever most Debit MasterCard and credit cards are accepted.
- Many businesses no longer accept out of town checks
- You can withdrawal cash from any ATM location
- Have access to your account via online banking anywhere you have Internet access.
- You can check your account balances, transfer funds between accounts, and make loan payments
- Sign up for bill pay service and you can pay bills through your online banking
- View current check images and withdrawals
- ValueBank Texas offers an iPhone app and an Android app.
- Download is simple. Above are the direct links to the app stores to download the app.
- If you have online banking you can use the apps immediately. Your online banking passwords are the same!
- With the ValueBank Texas Mobile App you can check you account balances, transfer funds between accounts, and pay bills if your billpay is setup
- Branch contact information including phone numbers, addresses and customer service email are a simple click away
- Branch and ATMs are mapped for your convenience
- Direct deposit simplifies how you receive your income. You can have your payroll deposited, federal government benefits, pension, annuity and more automatically deposited into your account.
- Setup your direct deposits before a storm nears to secure your direct deposits are properly scheduled with both parties.
- Overdraft Privilege offers peace of mind when the unexpected happens.
- Click here for more information on how to opt into Overdraft Privilege
Important Note: To ensure that all of the above products and services are available and processing properly, sign up early, well in advance of any storm.
We Value Small Business
Small businesses have a huge impact on a community. You create most of our new jobs. You are where the next great ideas are born and where dreams are realized. But, it’s never easy. Here at ValueBank Texas, we understand your struggles and we want to help. Small business Administration Loans can provide you the capital you need to make you business thrive. Apply for a ValueBank Texas SBA Loan today.
Call 361.866.7732 or stop by any of our branches to discuss your options.
We are an SBA preferred lender and can approve most SBA loan requests with prompt and personal attention.