ValueBank Texas wants to help you in the prevention of identity theft. We offer ID Theft Products and added security on all our electronic banking products. Click here for ID Theft Program Details.
Federal Trade Commission – Consumer Information on ID Theft
We also have provided links and phone numbers to the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB offers a variety of programs and services to help consumers make better choices. Below is a list of BBB resources for your convenience.
- BBB Consumer Helpline 361.852.4949 www.bbb.org
- WatchYourBuck.com offers simple steps for keeping your identity safe.
- Stop Unwanted Calls -National Do Not Call Registry 1.888.382.1222
- Stop Unwanted Mail – Direct Marketing Association 1.212.768.7277, ext 1888 DMAchoice.org
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling 1.800.388.2227 www.nfcc.org
- Get a Free Copy of Your Credit Report 1.877.322.8228 annualcreditreport.com
Calling All CC Hooks Fans!
ValueBank Texas is proud to offer the official debit card for the Corpus Christi Hooks.
This year we’re looking for a “fan” inspired debit card design! The winning design will be available as one of the official debit card choices in our debit card catalog which are located in all ValueBank Texas branch lobbies.
Click the Debit Card Contest Logo below or on Facebook to Enter Contest
- Debit card will be listed as one of the debit cards in 2014 VBT Debit Card catalog
- Debit card design will be featured in ValueBank Texas’ full page colored ad in the CC Hooks 2015 Yearbook
- Debit card design will be featured/promoted on the front page of ValueBank Texas’ website (valuebanktexas.com) (time will be determined by VBT)
- Debit card design will be promoted and featured on ValueBank Texas’ Facebook page
- 4 reserved tickets to a CC Hooks game (mutually agreed upon date during regular season)
- Ads featuring the design will be included in various other media materials; print and online
- Read the official contest rules and guidelines
- Sign the release form
- Email the signed release form back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designs accepted only on VBT Facebook Page (follow directions on VBT Facebook to download design)
Entries will be accepted on VBT Facebook ONLY
Click Here for Contest Rules Click Here for Release Form
Click Here To Go Directly to ValueBank Texas Facebook Page
Click Here To Go To Contest
Important note: The contest is not sponsored by the Corpus Christi Hooks or Facebook
Tips on the safe use of mobile banking applications:
- Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you’re dealing directly with your bank.
- Remember, your bank would never contact you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
- Avoid sharing your password, account number, PIN and answers to secret questions. Don’t save this information anywhere on your phone.
- Don’t set the Web or client-text service to automatically log you in to your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
- Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
- Immediately tell your bank and your mobile operator if you lose your phone.
At ValueBank Texas we want to empower consumers by giving them the information they need to make the right decisions. Whether it’s mobile, online or in-person banking, we want to help our customers manage their money safely and wisely.
Password Expiration for Internet Banking must be made through a computer and not mobile banking app.
We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to update our mobile app to allow customers to update their online banking password when it expires.
Please log into online banking and there it will notify them and they can make the changes. The mobile app will then work.
Point – Click – Deposit
We’ve made it even easier to bank with ValueBank Texas by providing our newest service, mobile check deposit through our Mobile Apps. Apply Today through ValueBank Mobile App. Details below on how to get started.
Safety Tips on Use Of Mobile Banking Applications
- Account must be open for at least 60 days
- Must have no overdrafts for the past 6 months
- Must have fewer than 4 overdrafts in any six-month period for the last 2 years
- Must be enrolled in Online Banking
- Must have the ValueBank Texas Mobile App installed on iPhone or Android device
- Currently you may only be able to register 2 accounts for deposit per use
Check Deposit Guidelines
- Fee is $0.40 per transaction
- Daily Limits: $3,000 per item for a total of $9,000 per day
- 5:00 p.m. cut off time (see funds availability details below)
- Please keep deposited checks for 60 days before destroying
- Cannot deposit any foreign items or savings bonds
- Checks payable to more than one person must be endorsed by each named payee
- Only deposit checks payable to the owner/signer of account
- Endorse the back of your check “Mobile Deposit Only” with signature
- All payees of the check must be account owners and must endorse the check
- You will receive approval messages via text
Items that CAN be deposited
- Checks payable to an account owner
Items that CANNOT be deposited
- Foreign Checks
- 3rd Party Checks
- Returned or Re-Deposited Items
- Rebate Checks
- Money Orders
Funds Availability – Your ability to withdraw funds from mobile deposits
- Funds may not be available for immediate withdrawal
- Our policy is to make funds from your check deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit.
- For determining the availability of your deposit, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays.
- If you make a deposit before 5:00 p.m. (CST) on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the date of your deposit, however if you make a deposit after 5:00 p.m. (CST) or on a day we are not open, we will consider the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
*Note: Message and data rates may apply