Share This Opportunity
Summary: We’re looking for a leader to be part of our Executive Management Team. The ideal candidate will be a good fit for our culture and hold true to bank’s core values. The responsibilities of a Chief Lending Officer involve management, supervision and direction of the bank’s loan activities. Works closely with commercial loan officers to underwrite and approve loans. Supervises credit analyst team. Administers loan policies and objectives and is accountable for entire loan portfolio. Also participates in business development activities, deposit generation and production goal setting for the organization and individual markets.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting with other members of the Executive Management Team to assist in developing short- and long-range plans of the bank on all issues associated with lending strategies and credit risk management.
- Leading efforts with executive management to develop and implement appropriate lending products and services.
- Maximizing portfolio growth through effective planning, development, and implementation of lending strategies.
- Reviewing and underwriting existing and new client relationships for credit quality, structure and pricing.
- Ensuring overall soundness of loan portfolio, with the ability to identify and develop long term strategies that will include initiatives such as portfolio mix, growth strategies, and market penetration objectives.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the risk rating system.
- Developing and implementing systems, risk controls and policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements, institution policies and targets.
- Monitoring and managing institution’s portfolio and communicate performance and concerns to top management.
- Promoting and developing new business for the financial institution by contacting prospects and customers. Participate in community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Ascertaining that all lending personnel are meeting their assigned objectives and goals.
- Prior leadership experience required.
- Prior lending experience, to include experience with consumer, mortgage, commercial, and commercial real estate lending required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or other relevant field preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting systems very helpful
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- In-depth knowledge of underwriting
- Familiarity with lending regulations
- Must be eligible for registration with NMLS
- Proof of current state driver’s license/insurance card required
- Required to travel a minimum of 25% of the time to meet with clients.
- Health/Dental/Life benefits
- Short-Term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
- 401(k) Retirement Plan and company matching
- Paid Holidays
- A dynamic team to work with!
ValueBank Texas is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.