Share This Opportunity
ValueBank Texas is an independently owned community bank since 1967. Our mission statement is to grow our business by providing the products and services our customers want, and by building positive, lasting relationships with our customers.
Analyzes credit data to estimate degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money to firms or individuals by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs credit analysis and account management (in conjunction with the applicable Loan Officer) on a portfolio of assigned credit relationships
- Contacts customers/borrowers to request specific information, and discusses and resolves issues pertaining to company’s business, financial status, and credit risk.
- Prepares summaries, presents facts, and offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness.
- Analyzes borrower’s business method of operation, operating environment, financial condition, and operating performance to determine borrower’s repayment ability.
- Assists loan officer in timely identification of developing problems within the loan portfolio.
- Examines accounting issues and scrutinizes financial statements.
- Performs financial spreads for preliminary evaluation of credit. Evaluates credit reports.
- Assists Credit Manager with projects.
- Confers with Loan Officers in order to resolve problems with applications or missing information.
- Periodically compiles and presents to Senior Loan Committee data exhibiting economic and market trends of the Bank’s loan area.
- Assists in the filing and monitoring of deficiency judgments in justice court.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field required. Strong preference for Finance or Accounting major or concentration.
- Professional experience in financial, credit, or statistical analysis, and/or statement spreading and assessing companies through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extracurricular activities preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets via Microsoft Office products as well as custom applications and systems.
- Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail.
The incumbent to this position must possess strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills. They must be able to conduct research projects with minimal supervision/guidance. They must be able to work on diversified projects while meeting deadlines. The incumbent must be able to work under pressure and assist Department when required, and be able to work extra hours when required by workload or projects.
Proficiency in Excel and Word is required.