Share This Opportunity
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION ONLY!
The Help Desk Technician will help support 150+ users at a bank with 9 different branches in the CC and Houston area. The Help Desk Technician makes timely and accurate diagnosis of computer system related problems. This role will determine if issues are hardware, software or network related and works in conjunction with our IT Manager and Systems Engineer to provide a timely resolution. Manages the help desk software and resolves issues within an appropriate timeframe. Provides and maintains excellent service to all users within the business while resolving support requests. The Help Desk Technician will report directly to the IT Manager.
Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming requests and issues related to computer systems, software, and network hardware.
- Provides Tier I & Tier II support by assisting employees with hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Installs and configures hardware, including workstations, printers, phones, etc.
- Installs and configures various workstation software. Updates workstation software and operating system patches as they become available.
- Respond to requests for service either in-person, over the phone, or remotely.
- Develops and maintains all support documents for I.T. Department and end-users.
- Identifies and resolves any problems that affect desktop computer operating systems and troubleshoots routine problems and maintenance of systems.
- Trains employees and orients them on how to use company computer hardware and software applications.
- Maintains other relevant computer peripheral devices, such as monitors, printers, and video teleconferencing problems.
- Assists in maintaining companywide anti-virus software.
- Provides remote assistance to users by utilizing remote software.
- Completes helpdesk-related projects as requested in timeframe specified.
- Occasionally network runs will be done in house to accommodate new services quickly. Must have fundamentals of planning, wiring and terminating a physical network.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, if needed.
- Windows 10 and later
- Some knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange
- Microsoft Office 2013 and later
- Basic network configurations TCP/IP
- Basic printer configurations
- Operating system and software upgrades
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Information Systems/Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- One year of IT related experience
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience and insurable
Working Conditions: office environment, high exposure to computer usage, occasional lifting of boxes up to 50 pounds, some travel involved