CLICK QUESTION TO EXPAND
What are the differences between Personal and Business Online Banking?
- Personal Online Banking
- Ideal for personal use or small businesses
- Single user
- Limited ACH capabilities (external transfers)
- Business Online Banking
- Full featured online cash management system
- Ideal for business of all sizes
- Multiple users
- Full ACH and wire capabilities
- Comprehensive administration access for each business
- Control the level of access for each user
- Set up approval process for each transaction
- Tokens provided for ACH and other transactions
How much does online banking cost?
Our personal online banking service is free.
How secure is my information?
Very secure. We use multiple layers of security to protect your information including:
- Password protection
- Internet firewalls
- 128-bit encryption
- Plus multifactor authentication during each log on
How do I enroll for Online Banking?
You can enroll online at www.valuebanktexas.com, or by contacting customer/member service at (361)888+4451 to speak with a representative at your local branch.
Can I begin using Online Banking immediately after enrolling?
Yes. You will be asked to validate your credentials
How do I receive my user name and password?
- Conversion clients: First Time Log in Instructions
- Establish a New Password Required
- New Login Device Options: Use a desktop computer or our new Mobile App to reset your password
- Select Online Banking Login Option
- Enter your current User ID in lowercase only (case sensitive) to log in
- Your current password is no longer valid; you must establish a new password
- Click Forgot Password to reset password then follow directions
- A temporary password will be emailed to your registered email on file
- Open the email and follow directions to reset new password and answer three security questions
- If you don’t receive an email with a temporary password within 15 minutes, please contact Customer Service at (361)888-4451 Option 3 to update your contact information and receive a temporary password
Can I transfer funds between my accounts?
Yes, you can transfer funds between any of your accounts at no charge.
What are eAlerts?
eAlerts are notifications sent to you when certain events occur to your accounts.
What types of eAlerts can I set up to receive?
Types of eAlerts include:
- Low account balance alerts
- Purchases over a selected dollar amount
- Deposits over a selected dollar amount
- Other options available
How do I receive eAlerts?
eAlerts can be sent to:
- an email address,
- a mobile phone as a SMS text message, (Message and Data rates may apply)
- the online banking system.
How do I set up my alerts?
Log on to personal online banking.
Set up your eAlerts by clicking on the blue number next to the word eAlerts on the main landing page.
Is there a charge for this service?
There is no charge for using Alerts.
What are eStatements?
eStatements are an electronic copy of your statement. It’s a quick and easy way to receive your monthly statement.
Is there a fee for using eStatements?
eStatements are free
How do I enroll for eStatements?
Select the ‘Options’ tab inside Online Banking to enroll or stop by your local branch to enroll.
Why should I pay my bills online?
- Save time and money- no checks to write
- Easy to use and helps you keep track of all the bills you pay
- Schedule automated bill payments
- Pay virtually any bill – utilities, mortgage, even your lawn care service
How secure is Online Bill Pay?
Online Bill Pay is fully secure. It is recommended by security experts to help protect against check fraud and identify theft. We use multiple layers of online security to protect your information.
What type of account is required for Bill Pay?
Bill Pay can only be used with a checking account. You must also enroll for our online banking service to access bill pay.
Who can I make payments to?
You can make payments to virtually anyone using our online BillPay system. Exceptions include:
- Tax payments
- Court ordered payments
- Payments to payees outside the United States
- Payments to other institutions for the purpose of making a deposit
How fast are payments delivered?
- Payments to electronic payees are delivered within 2 days.
- Payments issued by check are delivered in 5 days.
- When you schedule a payment, the payment calendar indicates the earliest available payment date.
What kinds of bill payments are available?
- One-time payments: The payment date you specify is the date the payments will be received by the merchant, as well as the date the funds are withdrawn from your account.
- Automatic or recurring payments: Occurs at your specified frequency as many times as you indicate.
How far in advance can I schedule a payment?
Payments can be set up as much as 365 days in advance. Recurring payments can be scheduled to occur over any time period in the future, including indefinitely.
When will the money for my payments be taken out of my account?
Your account will be debited on your scheduled payment date.
Are payments still paid even if there is not enough money in my account?
Yes. Payments are sent on the day they are scheduled.
This means that standard overdraft fees may apply if there are not sufficient funds in your account to cover the payment(s)
Can I cancel or change a scheduled payment?
Yes, you can change a scheduled payment at any time before it is processed. Payments may be processed up to 5 days in advance of the payment due date entered by the user.
The system displays an error message if you attempt to modify a payment after it has been processed
How do I enroll for Bill Pay?
- Just log into Online Banking, click the ‘Bill Pay’ tab, and complete the enrollment form.
- Once your enrollment is received and processed (approximately 3 business days), you’re ready to start using Bill Pay.
- You must be enrolled in Online Banking before you can enroll for Bill Pay.
What are eBills?
eBills are an important part of our online bill pay product. These are simply bills that are delivered electronically to you, rather than mailed.
When I receive an eBill, how do I pay it?
You can pay an eBill just like any other online bill payment. Or you can choose to have your eBills paid automatically with Auto-Pay (under a certain dollar amount).
Will I still receive a paper bills in the mail with eBills?
Once you request to receive eBills from a business, you will no longer receive a paper bill. However you can print a paper copy of any eBill, if you like.
How long will my eBills be available online?
Your bills, statements, and notices are available online for six months from their arrival date.
How do you know when I have new eBills to pay?
When you log on, you will see the number of new eBills, statements, and notices you’ve received. You will also receive a reminder email to notify you of new eBills in your account mailbox if they have not been viewed within four days of delivery.
When will I receive my eBills each month?
Most businesses use the same billing cycle as mailed bills, so you can expect to receive your bill at approximately the same time of the month that you currently receive your paper bill – without the postal delay.
How much do eBills cost?
There is no charge for receiving eBills through our bill pay service.
How do I get started receiving eBills?
It’s easy. From the bill pay home page, you can choose from a list of Billers that offer eBills – they are indicated with an eBill icon. Just click the eBill icon next to the Biller name, and follow the on screen prompts to sign up.
Educational Tips on using Mobile Check Deposit
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it “For Mobile Deposit Only.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.