ValueBank Texas is chartered under the laws of the State of Texas and by state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Department of Banking. Any consumer wishing to file a complaint against ValueBank Texas should contact the Texas Department of Banking.
ValueBank Texas also engages in the money transmission and currency exchange business as an authorized delegate MoneyGram and Foreign Currency Exchange Corporation under Chapter 151 of the Texas Finance Code. If you have a complaint, first contact the consumer assistance division of MoneyGram at 800-542-3590 or Foreign Currency Exchange Corporation at 407-404-7002. If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company’s money transmission or currency exchange activity, please direct your complaint to the Texas Department of Banking
Consumers/customers may file complaints with the Texas Department of Banking by contacting the Department through one of the means indicated below:
In Person or U.S. Mail to:
Texas Department of Banking
Attention: Consumer Assistance Activities
2601 North Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78705-4294
Telephone No.: 877-276-5554 (toll free)
Fax No.: 512-475-1313
Consumer Information Protection Notice
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Online Privacy Statement
At ValueBank Texas, we recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of those persons using our web site. We know that maintaining the accuracy and confidentiality of financial information is important to our customers and strive to protect your privacy when you use our on-line services. Please read the following paragraphs which outline our policy. Should you have any questions after reading this, feel free to e-mail us.
Online Banking using Precision Computer Systems (PCS)
When you bank online with ValueBank Texas using PCS, the bank and the company that we work with to provide the service have access to your personal information. However, online banking is secure and requires a user I.D. and password to access accounts.
We do not sell personal information to third parties for the purpose of solicitation. At times, however, we may share information with outside companies that assist us in providing our customers with ValueBank Texas’ products and services. In these instances, the company is working on behalf of ValueBank Texas and the information remains confidential.
Keeping Information Accurate
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If you ever find that your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please call or write to us at the telephone number or address listed on your account statement. We will correct any erroneous information as quickly as possible.
Funds Availability Disclosure
Click to view the Funds Availability Policy Disclosure – Reg CC
Offering You Choices
To make your financial life easier, we offer you different ways to manage your money. You also have choices when it comes to learning about new offers and services. For example, you can choose not to receive notification about any offers made by mail, telephone or e-mail. You can also choose not to have information from an application or an outside source, such as a credit report, shared within our family of companies. Whatever your preferences, we will honor your request. (Please note that we will continue to share some account information among our family of companies as permitted by law. We will do so for internal purposes or to provide more value and better service.) To tell us your preferences, you can:
- Visit your nearby banking center
- Call us at the telephone number listed on your statement
- Send us an e-mail
ValueBank Texas’ web site is linked to other Internet sites. However, since we cannot control the content of these linked sites, we are not responsible for the information they contain.
We hope you are now comfortable with the way in which we gather and use information obtained from our web site. The above policy may change at any time in order to improve our information procedures. Please feel free to contact us should you have further questions.
Social Media Users Guidelines
ValueBank Texas’ Facebook page was created to help stay connected to our current and future customers. Our goal is to keep you current on events at all of our branches and communities we serve throughout Texas. Our Facebook site “ValueBank Texas” will provide tips on how to live smart, work smart and bank smart with our financial products and services.
We invite you to like us! If you need to speak to us about your account or a customer issue, please contact our customer service center at 361.888.4451 option 3.
Please follow our social media policies on privacy and security
Don’t Post Personal or Confidential Information On Social Media Networks
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram content is NOT SECURE.
- NEVER post account number, personal or confidential information on any public forum.
- DO NOT POST: SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, ACCOUNT NUMBER, PHONE NUMBERS OR OTHER PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS
- We will NEVER request confidential information on any public forum
- ValueBank Texas does monitor its social network venues but may not respond to your post as quickly as you may hope.
- If you have a request that needs an immediate response contact our customer service center (during regular office hours) at 361.888.4451 option 3.
- Please note that our customer service center is open regular business hours from Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- We reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason without notice.
Public Postings Not All VBT’s
- We invite posts and therefore are not the source of all posts on the site and thus are not responsible for others spoken views.
- We ask that all ValueBank Texas employees identify themselves when posting so that visitors are aware. Their views are not necessarily those of ValueBank Texas. Only posts from “ValueBank Texas” should be considered posts by ValueBank Texas.
Respect Others, Be Courteous
- Be courteous to all that includes our employees
- Negative or personal comments at others are not welcome
- Abusive, unproductive, offensive or unlawful comments or rants/blasts will be removed
- We reserve the right to ban any user from our page without prior notice for violations of Facebook’s policies/guidelines
- Posting that are of criminal nature, instigate or promote violent criminal activities will be reported to the appropriate authority
- We ask that you not infringe on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights
- If you do not have permission or legal rights to said post do not post
- By posting said post you are representing to ValueBank Texas that you own or have been granted all necessary legal rights and permissions required to post such content to our site and are therefore granting ValueBank Texas the legal rights to post.
Use of Content Posted
- By posting on ValueBank Texas sites you are specifically representing to us that you are at least 18 years of age and you give us permission, at our discretion, to use your real or social media user name and the content of your post (including all accompanying text, images, videos, artwork and other content) on our website or other social media platforms, in our marketing, advertising materials or in any other format or context that we may elect to promote ValueBank Texas, our products and services for such time period as we wish.
- ValueBank Texas has the right to edit our post for brevity, clarity and the like and to modify any image in any manner we deem necessary to use it for the selected format or media.
- You will not have the right to review or approve our use of your post
- You will not receive any compensation for granting us the above rights.
- If you do not wish to grant ValueBank Texas the permission set out in the above statements then DO NOT POST to our sites. Once posted you cannot revoke that permission.
- We are not obligated to compensate people who post on sites for any or all suggestions or ideas provided that we select to utilize or implement
Stay on Topic
- Please, only comments that reflect the topic of the post or the purpose of the page
Third Party Sites
- We may post links to third-party sites when we think you will find the information helpful. This does not constitute an official endorsement of the site or company.
- Third party posts do not reflect the views of ValueBank Texas or its affiliates and have not been reviewed, except for content that violates ValueBank Texas core values.
- ValueBank Texas works hard to make sure that everyone who wants to useValueBank Texas’ online website can do so, and have a positive experience. We do this in various ways, including:
- Making links on our website descriptive and providing alternative text to help people using assistive technology such as screen reader software.
- We consider accessibility when we design features or pages on our website.
- We increase the contrast between fonts and backgrounds to make pages on our website easier to read.
- We make our website easier to navigate without using a mouse.
ValueBank Texas welcomes feedback from users regarding the way our company provides services to persons with disabilities. Customer service representatives stand ready to assist persons with disabilities in relation to any feedback or complaints they may have. If necessary, the feedback or complaint may be escalated to designated individuals within the Customer Service department or other employees of ValueBank Texas who will work with the user to address his or her concerns. ValueBank Texas will promptly respond to and address all complaints that it receives.
WCAG 2.0 Compliance
On 3 March 2017, all public facing Web pages at http://www.valuebanktexas.com/ conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 at http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211. Level AA conformance.
- The technologies that this content “uses but does not rely upon” is: CSS 2.0, JPG, PNG, and SVG.