ValueBank Texas has a checking account to fit your every need.
ValueBank Texas offers checking solutions from traditional accounts to accounts that earn interest. As always, you benefit from the latest in technology and our exceptional customer service. We’re here to help you choose the account that’s right for you. Come bank with us!
Personal Checking Account Comparison Table
See below for all disclosures
|Value Checking||Classic Value||Value Checking Plus||Second Chance12|
|No Minimum Balance||Traditional||Earn Interest||Fresh Start|
|Minimum Daily Balance to Avoid Fee||None||$800||None||NA|
|Minimum Balance Fee||None||$88||None||NA|
|Maintenance Fee||None||None||None||$14.95 per month9|
|Non-VBT ATM Fees Refunded||No||No||Must meet requirements3||NA|
|Overdraft Privilege||$3004||$3004||$3004||Not available for first six months11|
|Online BillPay||Available5||Available5||Available5||Additional Fee10|
All of our checking account customers enjoy these benefits.
NO-FEE VALUEBANK ATM USE
Our checking account customers have total, no-fee access to any ValueBank Texas ATM. Quick, easy banking for when you don’t have time to visit our branches.
IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION
ValueBank Texas is just as concerned about protecting your identity as you are. To help prevent fraud, we now offer identity protection plans that are affordable and effective.
- The daily collected balance computation method is used to calculate interest on your account. This method applies to a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. Interest accrues on the business day you deposit non-cash items. Fees may reduce earning on account. Annual percentage yield (APY) is variable and may change after the account is open. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- Must maintain $1,500 in NOW Account or $12,500 in Money Market to avoid fee.
- Must have one ACH transaction or Direct Deposit, E-Statements, 15 Debit Card Transactions and access online banking one time during the statement cycle.
- Qualifying account holders who have had account more than 30 days (click here for more details)
- $2.95 a statement cycle for the first 10 transactions and $0.50 for each additional bill paid.
- $0.40 per item deposited not to exceed $3,000. 5 deposits daily with maximum of $9,000 daily. Second Chance account holders: $0.40 per item deposited not to exceed $3,000. 3 deposits daily with maximum of $9,000 daily.
- $1.95 for ID Restoration and $7.95 for ID Protect Plus.
- Classic Value Checking: $0.20 per transaction for every transaction over 30 per billing cycle.
- $12.95 maintenance fee with automatic direct deposit per statement cycle; $14.95 service charge without direct deposit per statement cycle; $25 one time setup fee.
- $4.95 per statement cycle for up to 5 bill payment transactions; $1.00 for each additional bill payment transaction.
- No overdraft protection within the first 6 months; All check items are to be returned if funds are not available until approved for OD Privilege. Qualifying account holders who have had account more than 6 months will be given consideration at bank’s discretion.
- Must meet eligibility requirement – any Second Chance account applicant cannot owe any ValueBank Texas Bank, and/or cannot owe any other bank a combined total of $500 in unpaid check activity (returned checks, fees, etc.) within the past year; Cannot be suspected on Chexsystem of committing a fraud or account abuse.
- If you do not elect to receive e-mail statements, you will be charged a $2.50 statement fee for your paper statements.
Funds Availability Policy
Our general policy is to allow you to withdraw funds deposited in your account on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Funds from electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive your deposit. In some cases, we may delay your ability to withdraw funds beyond the first business day. Then, the funds will generally be available by the second business day after the day of deposit.